Monday, June 11

... I was born to fly.

This is going to be one of those "on a personal note" posts...
so if you came for design advice, I would be happy to share another day.

I have been consumed for two weeks in thoughts of the afterlife.
On May 26th, my lovely cousin, Tanner, returned to our Heavenly Father.
Tanner's wonderful personality and contagious humor cannot be fully described in a few words.  If you were fortunate enough to know him, you know what I mean.  Anything I say about his fabulous qualities seems to be an understatement.  He was just amazing.  I loved laughing with Tanner because he knew how to keep the laughter rolling...  He could quote any movie on the spot...  He had no fear... He didn't experience one dull moment in life, that I know of...  He knew how to express his love for others...  He never judged...  He was a leader, always setting his own trends...  He gave...  He experienced joy...  He was a Christlike example for us all...

I had a dream last week about the plane crash.  I watched the plane take off and a hand come down from the sky...  The hand picked Tanner up with his three friends, and the plane fell to the ground.  I find peace in that image because I know where Tanner is, and I know that the hand was the Savior's.

While we are suffering here on Earth because we will have to wait to hug Tan again, I know he is experiencing peace.  

Tan, I love you.  You were born to fly.  Until we meet again, Hurrah for Israel.

-Steph

"In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshiped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize his or her divine destiny as an heir of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally."
-The Family: A Proclamation to the World
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for this loss Steph. Love you! Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...