Monday, January 9

Living Room

With the holidays behind us it's time to re-focus my creative efforts on my home. I really thought I had figured out what I wanted to do with our living/dining room. That is until I watched It's Complicated again. Have you seen it? It's funny but the interiors are what really shine in this film. I have been really thinking about how I want this area of our home to be warm, comfortable, inviting and a bit glam. Watching the film really cemented the desire to have a comfortable welcoming space and set me on a neutral loving path. Here are some images from the film but I think you should watch it to really take them in.





I loved the use of neutrals such as beige and tan with the added contrast of black. I couldn't get it out of my head for weeks.

Then I saw this image on pinterest and I was really starting to get inspired... just change out the dark tan/brown to black and it would be perfect for me.


Here are some of my inspirational spaces I've been pinning.

love a little pattern thrown in
i like the light greige on the walls

love these tones and the light fixtures


the walls may be a bit dark for my space but i like the glam in this room. probably more than what i'll do.






So, it's official. I'm going the neutral route in my living/dining area. It's going to be warm, woodsy, glam, and comfortably inviting.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...